- Cardin, Mikulski Announce $1 Million Federal Grant for Mentoring Program
Friday October 17, 2014
“Every child needs a fighting chance to succeed. The U.S. Dream Academy is providing Maryland at-risk youth with the tools and opportunities they need to unlock their full potential,”said Senator Cardin.
- Cummings Announces $1 Million Federal Grant for U.S. Dream Academy
Thursday October 16, 2014
“Mentorship is a proven method of opening the eyes and minds of our young people,” said Congressman Cummings.
- 2nd Annual Read to Achieve Read-a-thon to support literacy in 8 cities around the country
Wednesday October 1, 2014
2nd Annual Read to Achieve Read-a-thon to support literacy in 8 cities around the country: Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Orlando, Memphis, Indianapolis, Houston and Salt Lake City.
- Making it happen! The U.S. Dream Academy and the CFC!
Monday September 29, 2014
Give to the U.S. Dream Academy through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) from now until December 15!
- U.S. Dream Academy DreamKids And Mentors Attend White House, OJJDP Listening Session On Mentoring Children Of Incarcerated Parents
Tuesday September 16, 2014
According to a Pew Charitable Trusts report, 1 in every 28 children in the United States has a parent behind bars. The problems these children can experience include financial instability, emotional distress, changes in family structure, problems at school, and social stigma. However, research indicates that supporting healthy and positive relationships between these vulnerable children and their families has the potential to mitigate these negative outcomes.
- 13th Annual Power of a Dream Gala raises over one million dollars
Tuesday June 17, 2014
Gala Honored Rep. Chaka Fattah, Andrew Bertamini and Britt Worldwide
- Thank You for Your Gift
Tuesday April 1, 2014
In remembrance of Mr. Ben Zander, a mentor and friend to Philadelphia DreamKids
- Oprah Winfrey and Starbucks Partnership Benefits U.S. Dream Academy
Wednesday March 19, 2014
Contributions from sales of Teavana Oprah Chai products will go to the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation, ... The foundation will support additional youth education through Girls Inc., National CARES Mentoring Movement, Pathways to College and the U.S. Dream Academy.
- Congratulations to our DreamKids
Thursday March 6, 2014
We have successfully completed our first ever Read-A-Thon!
- Congressman Fattah Unveils America's FOCUS Act
Wednesday November 27, 2013
U.S. Dream Academy Among
Organizations Recognized For Their Important Work in Education By America’s
FOCUS Act of 2013 Legislation