- A story of courage and triumph for twins growing up in South Philadelphia.
Thursday March 19, 2015
The U.S. Dream Academy highlights brothers from the Dream Academy Learning Center in Philadelphia, PA.
- Give all kinds of gifts!
Wednesday February 11, 2015
We have some exciting
news! We just made it a little easier for you to help support the thousands of
children and families we impact each year.
- National Mentoring Month: Be Someone Who Matters to Someone Who Matters
Friday January 9, 2015
“...she has always been here for us when we have crises and she now has
Brenda talking and opening up about how she feels”.
- 2nd Annual Read to Achieve Read-a-thon
Thursday January 1, 2015
The 2nd Annual Read to Achieve Read-a-thon has come to a close!
- Guess Who's Turning 60?
Friday December 19, 2014
Our beloved founder and CEO, Wintley Phipps will turn 60 on January 7, 2015!
- Cardin, Mikulski Announce $1 Million Federal Grant for Mentoring Program
Friday October 17, 2014
“Every child needs a fighting chance to succeed. The U.S. Dream Academy is providing Maryland at-risk youth with the tools and opportunities they need to unlock their full potential,”said Senator Cardin.
- Cummings Announces $1 Million Federal Grant for U.S. Dream Academy
Thursday October 16, 2014
“Mentorship is a proven method of opening the eyes and minds of our young people,” said Congressman Cummings.
- Making it happen! The U.S. Dream Academy and the CFC!
Monday September 29, 2014
Give to the U.S. Dream Academy through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) from now until December 15!
- U.S. Dream Academy DreamKids And Mentors Attend White House, OJJDP Listening Session On Mentoring Children Of Incarcerated Parents
Tuesday September 16, 2014
According to a Pew Charitable Trusts report, 1 in every 28 children in the United States has a parent behind bars. The problems these children can experience include financial instability, emotional distress, changes in family structure, problems at school, and social stigma. However, research indicates that supporting healthy and positive relationships between these vulnerable children and their families has the potential to mitigate these negative outcomes.
- 13th Annual Power of a Dream Gala raises over one million dollars
Tuesday June 17, 2014
Gala Honored Rep. Chaka Fattah, Andrew Bertamini and Britt Worldwide