- About the Dream
- Dream Cities
- Join the Dream
- Dream Events
About the Dream | Wintley Phipps
Founder and CEO
Wintley Phipps is a world-renowned vocal artist, education activist, motivational speaker, pastor, and CEO and Founder of the U.S. Dream Academy. For his work at the U.S. Dream Academy he has received numerous service awards, among them: The Excellence in Mentoring for Program Leadership Award from MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnerships; the Oprah Winfrey Angel Network Use Your Life Award; and Philanthropist of the Year Award from The National Center for Black Philanthropy, Inc.
For more than twenty-eight years, he has traveled the world delivering messages of hope, advocacy, and equality to many thousands of people. A video of Phipps performing "Amazing Grace" has enjoyed over seven million views on YouTube. Notably, one of his most recent renditions of that same song came at the 56th Inaugural Presidential Prayer Service on January 21, 2009. To make a donation to benefit the Dream Academy and receive a CD of this music , please click here to visit the Wintley Phipps Online Store.
A two-time Grammy Award nominee, Phipps is no stranger to performing in front of distinguished audiences. In addition to President Barack Obama, other notable listeners have included former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, former South African President Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Oprah Winfrey. Phipps is also an internationally recognized speaker on behalf of the Dream Academy and young people, having completed speaking engagements in Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, and North and South America. In recognition of his positive global impact through speaking, The National Speakers Association awarded Wintley the prestigious Master of Influence Award.
Below you will find a partial list of Wintley Phipps' upcoming appearances that are open to the public:
- Saturday, 22 February 2014, 6:00 pm. The Human Symphony Foundation will award Wintley Phipps the Living Legend Award for his "service to humanity" through work of the U.S. Dream Academy. Emmanuel SDA Church, 18800 New Hampshire Avenue; Ashton, MD. www.humansymphonyfoundation.org or call 443 364 8059 for full details.
- Monday, 24 February 2014, 9:45 AM. Keynote speaker for Black History Month Program at Landon School College Prep School for Boys (grades 3-12). 6101 Wilson Lane; Bethesda, MD
- Monday, 3 March 2014, 7:00 AM. Music guest for Florida Hospital Women's Prayer Breakfast; Church Street Ballroom, 225 South Garland Avenue, Orlando, FL. For full details visit: https://FHprayerbreakfast.eventbrite.com
- Monday, 10 March, 7:00 PM. Music Guest for the International Athletic Association Gala at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York.
- Wednesday, 12 March, 7:00 AM in Riverside Park; Vero Beach, FL. Music Guest for the 10th Annual Vero Beach Prayer Breakfast. For full details: http://verobeachprayerbreakfast.com
- Thursday, 10 April 2014, 7:00 PM at the Hilton Hotel, 222 East Third Street; Charlotte, NC. Keynote speaker for the Brookstone Schools Charity Dinner Program. For full details: www.brookstoneschools.org
- Saturday, 12 April 2014, 7:30 PM at the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL. A Dinner and Auction to benefit the Orlando Dream Academy Learning Center, Mrs. Donna Bozarth, Event Chair. For full details visit: DreamBelieveAchieve.eventbrite.com or call 800 873 7326.
Born in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Phipps moved to Montreal at an early age and then studied at Oakwood University in Huntsville, Alabama, where he received his bachelor of arts degree in theology. He went on to earn a masters of divinity from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. Phipps has three sons with his wife Linda Diane Galloway Phipps and currently serves as the senior pastor for the Palm Bay Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Palm Bay, Florida.