- About the Dream
- Dream Cities
- Join the Dream
- Dream Events
- 3rd Annual Dream. Believe. Achieve Dinner and Auction
- U.S. Dream Academy celebrates successful 15th Annual Power of a Dream Gala
- 14th Annual Power of A Dream Gala
- 13th Annual Power of a Dream Gala
- 12th Annual Power of a Dream Gala
- Celebrity Athlete Moms Kicked Off Forum and Shared Tips on “Parenting for High Performance"
About the Dream | Wintley Phipps
Founder and CEO
Wintley Phipps is a world-renowned vocal artist, education activist, motivational speaker, pastor, and CEO and Founder of the U.S. Dream Academy. For his work at the U.S. Dream Academy he has received numerous service awards, among them: The Excellence in Mentoring for Program Leadership Award from MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnerships; the Oprah Winfrey Angel Network Use Your Life Award; and Philanthropist of the Year Award from The National Center for Black Philanthropy, Inc.
For more than twenty-eight years, he has traveled the world delivering messages of hope, advocacy, and equality to many thousands of people. A video of Phipps performing "Amazing Grace" has enjoyed over seven million views on YouTube. Notably, one of his most recent renditions of that same song came at the 56th Inaugural Presidential Prayer Service on January 21, 2009. To make a donation to benefit the Dream Academy and receive a CD of this music , please click here to visit the Wintley Phipps Online Store.
A two-time Grammy Award nominee, Phipps is no stranger to performing in front of distinguished audiences. In addition to President Barack Obama, other notable listeners have included former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, former South African President Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Oprah Winfrey. Phipps is also an internationally recognized speaker on behalf of the Dream Academy and young people, having completed speaking engagements in Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, and North and South America. In recognition of his positive global impact through speaking, The National Speakers Association awarded Wintley the prestigious Master of Influence Award.
Below you will find a partial list of Wintley Phipps' upcoming appearances that are open to the public:
- Sunday, September 27: Concert 10:00am - Unity Service: Laity Sunday at St. Luke Community United Methodist Church, 5710 E.R.L. Thornton Freeway, Dallas, TX 75224
- Friday, October 2: Maranatha Volunteers International Convention / Theme: Nearing Home 7:00pm - 9:00pm (3 selections) at Rolling Hills Community Church, 3550 Southwest Borland Road, Tualatin, OR 97602
- Saturday, October 3: Maranatha Volunteers International Convention / Theme: Nearing Home 10:00AM - 12:30PM (3 selections) and 2:30PM - 4:30pm Mini Concert at Rolling Hills Community Church, 3550 Southwest Borland Road, Tualatin, OR 97602
- Monday,October 19: Concert Power of a Dream 7:00pm at Trinity Christian College for WORLDVIEW SERIES, 6601 West College Drive, Palos Heights, IL 60463
- Saturday, October 22: 100th Anniversary of Sligo Elementary School - Commemorative Service Speaker at 10:00am; Concert at 5:00pm Sligo Seventh Day Adventist Church, 7700 Carroll Avenue, Takoma Park MD
- Monday,November 6: Keynote for Feed the Lambs Enrichment Program Benefit Gala at Vero Beach Yacht Club, 3601 Rio Vista Boulevard, Vero Beach, FL
Born in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Phipps moved to Montreal at an early age and then studied at Oakwood University in Huntsville, Alabama, where he received his bachelor of arts degree in theology. He went on to earn a master of divinity from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. Phipps has three sons with his wife Linda Diane Galloway Phipps and currently serves as the senior pastor of the Palm Bay Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Palm Bay, Florida.